- The Y is a leading nonprofit organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- The Y has been a strong and positive force in our community for 75 years. Today the Y operates its main facility on River Street, the Y Trafton Center, ten before and after school sites throughout three school districts, Camp Marland and Bunganut Lake Park in Lyman .
- The Y engages over 10,000 people each year. With a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the community’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support neighbors, the Y enables youth, adults, families and communities to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
- The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership through our Scholarship Program.
- The Y relies on a strong volunteer base to provide value based programming and other services. Approximately 100 people volunteer for the Sanford-Springvale YMCA each year for board roles, program services, and fundraising.
- Members, staff and volunteers of the Y include men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life.
- The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.